Sunday, June 10, 2007

Cable Needle Bling!


Woo-Hoo! Yesterday the mailman brought me a little package. In that little package was the hand forged bronze cable needles I had ordered from Molly at Celtic Swan Forge. These needles are beautiful, a true work of art, hand made by a metal artist extraordinaire. They are so pretty that they practically qualify as jewelry. Check out Celtic Swan for hand made tools for knitters, spinners, and crocheters. You won't be disappointed.

Only 3 more days of work and I start my vacation. I am off from this Thursday until the Sunday 10 days later! Yeah! My daughter and grand daughter will arrive Wed. afternoon for a nice long visit. I can't wait...not only to see them but to have some time off and relax a bit. I am going to try and finish a couple socks and maybe cast on the Lisa Lloyd cardigan I want to knit so badly. I have loved this pattern ever since I first saw it at Lisa Lloyds web site. She has some very pretty sweaters that I would call "classic" more so than high fashion. I like classic, I know that I can wear this sweater for years and it will never look "dated". And now, thanks to Bev, I have been able to figure out the charting system that Garnstudio uses. And you know what that means?? I can knit the other cabled cardigan I covet! I will be putting my new cable needle bling to good use the next few months!

Today is hot...I really don't like hot weather. I'm one of the twelve people in Minnesota who actually like winter. I know, hard to believe. I like summer too, just not the heat. So now I am trying to decide...is it too early in the season to turn on the AC? Decisions, decisions. My daughter will feel right at home in this heat since she is coming from the Florida Keys. I guess I shouldn't complain, it's really hot down there.

I am off to get ready to watch the final episode of The Sopranos. I have watched it from the very beginning and seen every episode. I am hoping that they don't kill off Tony in the last show, how depressing would that be? Okay, I know the guy's a real snake, but hey, I've grown to love him over the years.

3 comments:

gail said...

I found you at Peg's blog. I am one of 12 people in Wisconsin who prefer winter over summer! I also dislike the heat. A high temp of 75 is good for me, if I stay in the shade. Global warming has me worried. I love those cable needles!!! I plan to order them. I use some old electric curler holders that are the same shape, and I can't find replacements in the stores. (electric curlers are long gone)

Janice said...

Those cable needles look very intriquing! I will have to check out the site. I have seen the double point needles on the Loopy Ewe site, but I've been into cabling lately, and may need some of those! :-)
You crazy Minnesotan liking winter over summer!! I prefer summer, but do enjoy the first couple of snowfalls.

Karen said...

Now correct me if I am wrong Janice, but are thee not a mis-placed Minnesotan thyself? Calling us crazy?! Us? No way!