Thursday, June 14, 2007

Today Is My Birthday!



55 years ago today a baby girl was born at Swedish Hospital in St. Paul Minnesota. That was me! I am getting old, but as my husband would say...getting old is better than the alternative. Tonight I will go out to dinner at one of my favorite restaurants with my 4 children, husband, mother, and the visiting grand daughter. I love it when we can all be together. So Happy Birthday To Me and hopefully many more!

I am officially on vacation starting today. My daughter and grand daughter arrived safely yesterday and we have been having a fun time. Mia is talking like crazy and what she says is so funny! She makes us all laugh. It will be nice to relax for the next ten days and just take it easy. I want to paint my nightstand white (it is a puke olive green now, that green that was so popular in the 60's) and distress it. My daughter thinks I should paint it white then sand it to let a bit of the green show through. Since most of my furniture is antiques that style would fit in well. I'll wait and see how it looks once it's white. It is a cute little antique table with drawer and door on the bottom. Usually I don't paint antiques but the wood on this was so stained and blotchy that my dear mom painted it years ago. Hence, the lovely green.

My aunt gave me some books that I am going to return (shhh, don't tell her!) to Barnes and Noble and get a knitting book I want. I don't know what one I will pick but since I am on vacation I can take my time browsing.

I also will get all my purple Wool of the Andes Chunky wound so I can start the cardigan. Of course, it has been 90ยบ so knitting with 100% wool doesn't sound too appealing right now. Maybe finish the Peach Petal Socks for my mom's birthday next month. Either way, I am gonna get some knitting done while I'm off work!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to You!!!!
Be sure to take a family picture while everyone is here.
Mitten Queen

PurlingPirate said...

Happy (belated) Birthday!!! Hope you had a grand celebration last night!!

Janice said...

Happy Happy Birthday!! I was also born at Swedish Hospital in Minneapolis :-) It's a small world!! Hope you have a wonderful vacation! Happy knitting!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!

I hope you had a great day. Enjoy your daughter and granddaughter. What a great way to spend your birthday.

N. Maria said...

Happy Belated birthday!! I, too, hope you had a wonderful day!