Wednesday, June 20, 2007

I Wish I Could Do That!


It was hot again today in the Twin Cities. We had a slight reprieve for the last 2 days and now the heat is back. But that didn't stop the unstoppable Mia Belle from running through gramma's sprinkler. I wish I could do that...and not have the neighbors saying "Look at that fat goober running around in her back yard! What is she thinking?" Nope, the running through the sprinkler days for me are gone forever. Not so for Mia who had lots of fun and cooled off...so cool that she got the "blue lips I've been in the water too long" thing going. She is having a good time at gramma's and tells me everyday that she wants to stay in Minnesota. Gramma would like that too!

NO, that is NOT me in the above picture, even I don't have that bad of hair days! ;o) I promised a picture of the never-ending red sweater. I took the sweater, all 6 inches of it, out of my knitting bag to photograph. It's so boring that I didn't even want to take it's picture, but I did! It is a dreaded garter stitch Tyrolean Sweater. You know the one...all garter stitch, sort of boxy, with those cute little metal clasps near the neck. What was I thinking!? I am using the pattern pictured above by Mary Rich Goodwin (the picture is from the pattern book)...awesome patterns by the way. It is a top down so you do the whole body at once. You increase 8 times (2x in 4 different spots) every other row for the shaping. You stop when it is whatever armhole length you need. The longer you knit the armholes, the wider the body will be. The yarn I'm using has slight colors changes like the yarn in the picture, only mine is reds, rusts, and purples. I know, it sounds hideous but it is really pretty yarn. So pretty that this is the second sweater those skeins have been knit into! Yup, I frogged half a sweater I had knit with the red, rust, purple yarn already, and I was sure that this garter stitch Tyrolean Sweater was THE one for this yarn. Now I'm not so sure. Honest opinions please...

No comments: