Tuesday, June 26, 2007

One Project Done...but it's Not Knitting!



While I was on vacation last week I did manage to get the ugly green nightstand sanded, primed, and painted. It turned out so cute, I am very pleased with the results. In the above picture it is in the living room, it has since been moved into my bedroom and resides in a place of honor. Now that I finished it I want to get the little table done for the other side of my bed. It needs more work than the nightstand because the paint on it is peeling. I may work on it this week, while I'm still excited to paint. Painting is one of my least favorite things to do.

I am doing something that I do like to do! I am knitting a sock...actually, I'm test knitting a pattern for a sock designer. I can't say who since I haven't asked her permission, but rest assured, this is one cute sock pattern! I will see if I can post a picture when I am done with the first sock. It is a top down, very feminine sock that will appeal to most any female sock knitter. I am using KnitPicks Essential sock yarn in Dusk, the denim blue color. It is really soft yarn, way softer than many of the more expensive sock yarns. I am really impressed with the feel and how nice it's knitting. And, not to keep plugging KnitPicks (although I do lov'em), I am using their 24" size 1 (2.5mm) circular needles and LOVING them. They are equal to Addi's in comfort, quality, and speed. I am using the 2 circular method and have really come to like it. I have to say, these needles are a third the cost of Addi's and just as nice. The cable (which is purple on all their circulars) is very flexible, but I was concerned that the tips would be too sharp. I had read on some blogs that they were so sharp that they were painful. Evidently KnitPicks heard enough complaints and changed the tips because they are very comfortable to use. I definitely will be buying a couple more size 1's (for those multiple sock projects!) and a couple size 2's for knitting sport weight socks.

Well, I better go get the chicken breasts out of the water so I can make some chicken salad. It is very hot and humid today so we only need a light meal. I love chicken salad made with grapes, mandarin oranges, macaroni, almonds, and green onions. Yum.

1 comment:

Janice said...

The nightstand looks great! I also LOVE knitpick option needles... I use them all the time! I can't wait to see the sock you are knitting!!