Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Toe-Up Socks, Almost Rock!

My toe up socks have been ripped back, but only about an inch! I did too many increases for the gusset so they got too baggy and way long. I am going to try the heel turn once again and see if the fit is better. I also started with more stitches at the cast on so the toe isn't so pointy this time. I am slowly coming around to this toe-up business...it is better than I thought. I am using the pattern from Wendy's site and I used the cast on from Knitty. When I did the cast on the second time I was amazed at how easy it was and how fast the toe knit up. It looks really good, even if I say so myself :o) I will post a picture of the heel when it is done. It's sort of a funky type heel and doesn't look like any heel I've ever seen before but if it fits, that's all I care about. It's always fun to learn a new way of doing things. Do I think toe-up socks rock? Maybe...

I bought the ever popular Rogue Hoodie pattern the other day. I think that this pattern is awesome. The only problem I foresee is that the pattern doesn't go up to very large sizes. I am thinking of knitting it in Beaverslide Yarn at 4 sts/inch so that will make it larger. I'll have to sit down and calculate the math for the correct size for that gauge. I've never used Beaverslide Yarn but I've looked at their site numerous times and coveted it! I especially like the denim blue color Big Sky Heather that is on sale...can't beat that price! 210 yards for $6.75. Has anyone used this yarn, any opinions? Please leave a comment. I'd also like to hear from anyone who has knit the Rogue. I read the pattern (all 19 pages!) and was impressed with how well it's written.

My friend Kathi, who I met in junior high school and have been friends with for many, many years, had a stroke about a month ago. She is 55 years old. The stroke effected the part of her brain that controls memory, especially short term memory. She will repeat what she told me just 5 minutes earlier, or show me the same thing she just showed me. She has been staying with her son and his wife for the last couple weeks so they could monitor her insulin (she's also diabetic). She came home yesterday and I am going to spend tomorrow with her. She is recovering slowly but steadily and when I talked to her today she sounded good. I think we will do the garage sale thing since we both love antiques. Maybe we can find some bargains on things we don't really need and really have no room for! Gotta love those garage sales.

Until tomorrow...keep those needles clicking! BTW...I got my eBay purse and it is WONDERFUL.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good post.