Tuesday, May 15, 2007

I Knit and I Lie!


I did it again! I started another sock! What is wrong with me? I promised myself I'd knit up all the single socks first! I am a liar, and quite ashamed. But it's not my fault, not really, I was just surfing around the net, reading some knitting blogs and what do I see? Another beautiful sock pattern! What was I supposed to do, ignore this beauty and act like I'd never laid eyes on it? I think not! I did what any other sock knitting obsessed knitter would do. I printed the pattern, dug through the stash, found the perfect yarn, and cast-on. Damn, that feels good! The pattern is called Peach Petals and is a Jean Townsend pattern from her blog. I've knit some of her sock patterns before and they are always very pretty and feminine. I am using some yarn that I bought years ago from Germany called Twister. I don't even think it is made any more. It is a beautiful pastel, as you can see. I have decided not to carry the lace pattern down the foot. Since I have diabetes, my feet bother me and I think I would regret having the lace in my shoes.

I found an awesome tutorial at Maia's Blog. This gal is the sockiest knitter woman I ever saw! Her tutorials are very complete and easy to understand. Thanks Maia! You rock and so do your socks!

I have a turkey breast cooking in the oven. It is cool and windy today and turkey sounded tasty! It feels more like fall out there than spring. Minnesota...who can figure? Smells really good! I think I will go clean the asparagus and get the potatoes going. Then It's American Idol and knitting this evening. Go Jordin!

2 comments:

JeanTownsend said...

your yarn choice shows the lace stitches perfectly!! What a pretty pair of socks these will be.

Anonymous said...

The yarn compliments the pattern and the pattern compliments the yarn. It is the perfect combination. Can I buy them?
Woolstock