Sunday, May 13, 2007

And A Happy Mother's Day To All!


I am a mother, not just any mother, but a mother to the world's 4 greatest kids. I was blessed with a darling daughter, and three handsome sons. Do I sound like a typical mom, of course! I adore all my children, and in turn, I am lucky enough to have children who adore me. Although I didn't get to see my daughter today since she lives in the Florida Keys and I live in the Minneapolis area, we had a wonderful conversation on the phone. Then my 3 sons (the youngest still lives at home with me) all surprised me and ordered Asian food from my favorite restaurant for dinner. We just finished eating and they are all having ice cream (I don't need the extra calories or sugar!). I ask myself everyday, how did I get so fortunate as to have these kids for my own? Of all the things I've accomplished so far in my life, being a mom is the most rewarding and the most fun! So Happy Mother's Day to one and all! Count your blessings...I'm sure each one has a name!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have never answered a blog before. But I decided I need to do new things. My desire to explore new things all started when you challenged me to knit things other than mittens. I LOVE to knit mittens. They are quick. Everyone needs them. I can use up small bits of leftover yarn. And it fits my short attention span. But, you told me to knit other things. (I do knit other things but they are in the time-out basket) So, I am answering you in your blog for the first time. I have pushed my own little envelope in other ways this week. It was teacher appreciation week last week and I signed up for the free massage to be given in the conference room. I have never had a massage AND I WON! Good thing I didn't have to get naked! Also, I decided to take some risks in the culinary depaertment. This week I made Special K bars for the first time. (the ones with Karo syrup and peanut butter and the butterscotch/chocolate goop on top) Last week I took another risk. Instead of knitting my dishcloths with the same old pattern I always use, I knit them with the pattern you figured out for me. It was the one from the dishcloth I borrowed from church. Who would have thought that knitting gets me out of my comfort zone? That's ironic because knitting IS my comfort zone.
Woolstock