Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Seeing Is Believing...


Here is the single toe-up sock (sock toe is at bottom of picture) that I have almost completed. And to be perfectly honest, it was sorta fun! I can't guarantee that I'll ever make the second sock but it certainly was a great learning experience. I will definitely use this method again, maybe on sock weight yarn next. Lord knows I have enough of that to use up! As for the heel...it fits very well, I actually like the looks of it on the foot. You can see that the gusset looks like a regular heel flap gusset but the heel turn is done going up the heel back instead of under the heel. Works for me. Looks and fits good so I can't ask for more! I have decided that I actually love the toe-up cast on! It is so much easier and faster than wrestling with those double pointed needles and trying to get those first few rounds done. So all in all, toe up socks are as good as top down...never thought I'd say that, not in a million years! Thanks to Knitty and Wendy for making me a convert. Now I suppose I'll have to invest a small fortune in Addi circular needles...

No comments: