Monday, May 28, 2007

Thank You Veterans Everywhere!


Today is Memorial Day, the day we remember our citizens who serve and have served in our military. My father served in WW2, he was a tail gunner in the Army Air Corp and flew 52 missions. My brother was in the Navy, he was in the UDT (underwater demolition team). He served over a year in Viet Nam. My nephew was in the navy and served in the Gulf War. All these men came home safely and I thank them for serving the country they love. I know that there is much dissention among Americans over the present war. I, for one, support our men and women who are serving in Iraq. I support them 110%. Do I like the war...hell no. Do I think it's necessary...I don't know, but most likely yes. But this I do know, I NEVER want America to experience another September 11th, 2001. And for us to ignore the fact that there are terrorists, at this very moment, plotting the destruction of America, is plain stupidity. I guess I am of the mind that we fight terrorists on their land, or they'll be back and we'll have to fight them on our land. I love my country, I feel we are so blessed to live here. I feel the majority of us have absolutely no idea just how lucky we are. We've never lived in a third world country. We've never had to try and eek out a living by begging. We've never been denied basic medical needs. We've never had to watch our children starve to death. We've never been killed or tortured because of the religion we practice. We've never been dragged out of our beds in the middle of the night and thrown into prison without a fair trial. Nope, I think we've got it pretty damn good and we should appreciate all we do have. So, I guess I should jump off my soapbox now and finish making the big meal I plan on sharing with my family today. We will thank God that we were born here, in the USA, and remember just how truly blessed we are.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you.

Punkin