Monday, March 26, 2007

iMac woes and Slackerness...

When I started my blog I swore that I would update it at least once a week. That lasted about 3 weeks! I could give some lame excuses, like I broke my arm, or I have been working 60 hours a week but those would all be lies. Truth is, I am on vacation and taking it easy. Or as the younger crowd would say...I'm a slacker. Plus, I am having major problems with my faithful little iMac. I have been a dedicated Apple fan for the last 14 years. The computer I have now is 4 years old and my 5th Apple. The disk drive is dead...dead, dead, dead. Which means that I can still use the computer but I can't load any software. Or, the saddest part...I can't load the new OSX 10.4 I just got! I cleaned out all my files, backed everything up that I wanted to keep and was planning on doing a complete erase and reload when the damn drive died. And to add insult to injury, I also bought a new digital camera and now I can't load the software for it. So I have all those awesome jpgs and I can't upload them to my blog. Many frustrated tears later I decide to take little Mac to the repair shop. The tech calls me the next day to inform me that little Mac needs 725.00 worth of repairs. Freaking A...I can buy a new iBook laptop for a grand, why would I even consider dumping that much money into a 4 year old computer!? So I schlep back to the repair store and bring little Mac home, still with a dead rom drive. I guess I shouldn't complain since I can at least access the internet. Basically, Mac is usable as long as I never want to add anything...sort of like owning a car that can only make right turns! Time to visit the Apple store unless anyone knows how I can repair this myself!

No comments: