Saturday, March 10, 2007

Colonoscopy, Schmolonoscopy!


I survived the dreaded colonoscopy! In reality, it wasn't bad at all. Like everyone says, it's the prep work that sucks...and it does. Drinking that solution every 15 minutes was the pits. But the actual colonoscopy was a breeze. In fact, it was so easy I don't even remember it! When the doctor said we were all done I asked him why it only took 2 minutes. He said it had taken over 20 minutes! All I can say is thank goodness for drugs...especially the sedative variety! After all my fretting and fearing it turned out to be so easy that I sort of feel like a whiney baby. Sort of...but not really ;o) I have a healthy colon and no problems! It was worth all the shit (really bad pun intended) I had to go through to learn I was fine.

Today is the big shopping day! My first Saturday off in over 2 years! My friends and I are gonna eat, squeeze yarn, and have a good time! I can't wait. Another thing I can't wait for is a visit from my daughter and granddaughter. That little gal in the picture is my granddaughter Mia. She was adopted from China in October 2005 and is a real little spitfire. Smart...really smart...genius smart!!! I can brag like that since I genetically had nothing to do with it. I haven't seen my daughter, son in law, or granddaughter since last October when I flew to the Florida Keys to visit them. I was there for Mia's 2nd birthday, it was lots of fun! The Keys are a great place to visit. There's cool little shops, great restaurants, my son in law takes me for a ride in his boat, and best of all...my daughter and granddaughter are there! If you haven't already figured it out, that is a picture of the cutie Mia! You can check out my daughter and her husbands trip to China to pick up Mia at their website www.redthreadconnecton.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry I didn't surf across your blog sooner. (There are just too many knitting blogs.)

Because now it is too late to tell you that colonoscopies are a piece of cake. It's the medication beforehand - and taking it sooner, rather than later - that is the "trick".
I think the version I was to take said not to take it after 7 p.m. the night before. So I waited until very nearly 7 p.m..
My mistake!
It would have been a lot, lot better to have taken it a few hours earlier - so that I could have gotten a few more hours of sleep that night.

Live and learn I guess. (Are we supposed to have another one after we have one at age 50?)

Take care,
Janey
janyknitting AT yahoo DOT ca

Anonymous said...

Sorry - there was an error in my address.
It should be:
janeyknitting AT yahoo Dot ca

Karen said...

Thanks Janey for the encouragement! Better late than never. lol Yup, we do have to have another one after 50 but if yours was okay...you don't need another for 10 years! Yippee! Getting old's the pits...but the alternative is even worse! ;o)

Thanks for reading my blog and stop by any time!

Karen