Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Baby Logan Is Coming Home!

Logan with his foster mother in Guatemala

Yippee! My daughter and son in law just got the news that their petition for adoption has cleared the Guatemalan courts, the last step in adoption, and Logan is officially theirs! Stacey (DD) will be traveling to Guatemala to pick him up within the next few weeks. I have a feeling that her mother or father in law will go with her. She is a seasoned world traveler and is fine going alone for 3 days since Jon has clients lined up from now until the end of summer and can't travel with her! They really don't want to take Mia out of school again and they are worried about getting sick. So, the easiest route is to leave hubby and daughter home and travel alone. I used to worry about her when she did things like this, but after worrying for 5 years as she traveled all over the world (some countries that you really don't want to be in these days!) I guess I'm used to it. She's been in countries that most of us would have no desire to visit, such as, Pakistan, Afghanistan, etc. She's also been all over Africa, Europe, The Middle East, China, many Asian countries, just to name a few. I'm very proud of her and all she's done. I'm also very glad that she's now married and settled down! The priority now is to get Logan home! I guess I will be going to visit soon unless she decides to come to Minnesota for awhile. I know her Gramma (my mom) would love to see her and the kids!
Celtic Cardigan by Oat Couture

I finished Mariah's second mitten, and as soon as she picks them up I plan on taking a photo of her wearing them...if for no other reason than to prove I actually finished a project! I am so wanting to start a sweater. I have had the Celtic Cardigan pattern for a couple years and I think that will be the winner! I am going to order some denim blue worsted weight yarn from KnitPicks or Beaverslide and start that sucker! The purple cardigan still has left a bed taste in my mouth and I have decided that I will wait until next (2008) fall to start that one. Or, maybe I will just use that beautiful purple yarn for something all together different!

Hubby and I are going out to dinner tonight and going to see the movie National Treasure. Tomorrow is my day off and I will be waiting around for the Maytag repairman to show up and fix my dishwasher. I had forgotten what a drudgery washing dishes by hand is! I can't wait to see that repairman at my doorstep! Gotta bolt, my date (hubby) is ready to go!

1 comment:

Deb said...

Congratulations Grandma!!