Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Proof Positive!

Started in 2007...finished in 2008...finally! Mariah's Christmas/New Year's mittens. Knit in Galway (worsted wt) on size 5 Crystal Palace dpn's. With this pattern in the largest size, which is still small for an adult. But, like I've already said...Mariah is very petite and they will fit her small hands perfectly. She adores pink and her winter jacket is black so they should look fine with it. Now all I have to do is finish all those second socks...nahh, I'm gonna knit me a sweater! I've got it narrowed down to the Celtic Cardigan (see last post), The Braids Cardigan, or this pullover. Which one? Decisions, decisions. Now, do I need new yarn or do I raid the stash and use that Araucania that's been aging for the past 2 years. I'm thinking the Braids Cardigan in the rose colored Araucania and new denim blue yarn for the Celtic! I do have some Christmas money to spend! I think it's harder to pick a pattern and yarn than to knit the darn thing!

Dinner last night was tasty. Steve and I went to Applebee's (called Crapplebee's by my children!). I had steak and he had shrimp. They have a new menu...sort of different. Lot's of multiple choice type dinners. Pick one from this list, two from this list, etc. I liked the menu, hubby not so much. Then we went and saw the movie National Treasure. We both liked it. But what is the deal with Nicolas Cage's teeth?! They look, BIG! Big and really white...most likely veneers. He's still a cutie even with the gleaming chompers and his funky little ears! Good movie, lots of unrealistic things happening, but fun, lots of fun!

I have a small vent I need to get off my chest. Ravelry! Yes, I have been waiting a longggg time to get my email telling me I am one of the elite, and have finally been accepted into the Ravelry cult. Here's my gripe...why does everyone who knits, and has a knitting blog assume that you are on Ravelry?! I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to check out a pattern or see a photo and where is it...on Ravelry of course. And can I view it? Nope. So please remember that many, many of us are not members of Ravelry.

1 comment:

Janice said...

LOVE the mittens! WE also like National Treasure. Fun movie!!! Hope you get on Ravelry soon. It will be worth the wait, although it is another time sucker..... Anxiously awaiting your news that Logan is home!