Wednesday, January 2, 2008

2008...


Happy New Year! Nothing too exciting happened here on New Years Eve other than I went to bed at 9:00pm since I had to be at work at 6:00am New Years day. My good friend Kathi, who was vacationing in Texas, decided to call me at 12:50 thinking that it was 11:50 in Minnesota. She was sounding pretty happy and said she wanted to be the first to wish me a Happy New Year. Then she yells....What are you doing? I'm in bed. With who? Myself, I was sleeping. Sleeping? Yes, sleeping, I have to get up at 4:30 for work tomorrow. Oh, well Happy New Year and go back to sleep! click

My friend Janet also stopped by, at a normal time, and brought me my Christmas present.
The Best of Vogue Knitting Magazine: 25 Years of Articles, Techniques, and Expert Advice
The Best of Vogue Knitting Magazine: 25 Years of Articles, Techniques, and Expert Advice
This is an awesome book for any knitter. I have had such a great time reading through it. It is a techniques book, but also a history book. It is full of knitting tips and written by many different knitters. Many of the chapters are by Elizabeth Zimmermann or her daughter Meg Swansen. Highly recommended reading for any knitter.

Oh, I also found a really fun site that lists free patterns. Be sure to check out the beautiful dishcloth under "Fripperies" and the lovely blankets. Cool site.

I wish that I could tell you all about the numerous and wonderful items I knitted in 2007...but there aren't many! In fact, I think there was a couple dishcloths, maybe a sock or two, and part of a couple sweaters. I have been in a knitting slump for over a year. I want to knit, my fingers are itching to knit, but I just can't seem to find the time to sit and enjoy a couple hours of knitting relaxation. I am always worried about the house, is it clean, could the realtor show it today without me being embarrassed by the dog hair, or dirty dishes?? I really wish one of the houses would sell. I want to be settled in where I know I'm going to be staying. I guess that's just a lame excuse for not knitting. In the summer I always say it's too hot to knit, in the fall I always have big plans for knitting, then the holidays hit and I'm too busy with work and home. Now that we're heading into the winter slump (January and February) maybe I can knit a bit. I still haven't finished Mariah's second Christmas mitten...I am so bad! I am going to work on it today, I swear!

Tomorrow my friend Joyce and I are going to go see "Atonement". This is definitely a chick flick that the hubby would never go see. We did see "I Am Legend" and I loved it even though it scared the crap out of me. I had no idea it was a scary movie, I thought it was like "Castaway". Boy, was I wrong! It is a great story and Will Smith is wonderful. I won't say anymore since I recommend you see it yourself.

My DD Stacey and SIL Jon are home and have recuperated from their illness. Jon called it the Guatemala Diet...lose 10 pounds in 3 days! They were both so sick. But they are home now and feeling better, although they wish they could have brought Logan home with them. Thankfully, Miss Mia didn't get sick and is still her funny, perky, little self. I plan on going to visit for a week once they bring Logan home, hopefully sometime in the spring. I miss them and wish they lived closer.

I am off to clean my house so that I can knit guilt-free all afternoon! It is cold here (-2) so maybe I will pop in a movie, make some tea, get under a quilt on the sofa and knit that second mitten. Happy New Year to all.

No comments: