Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Gruesome Stuff!

Tonight hubby and I went out to dinner, and the movie "Untraceable". Sounds like a nice evening, right? The dinner was good, as Famous Dave's always is. The movie...S-C-A-R-Y! Scary and very gruesome. I don't like scary movies, and I really don't like gruesome movies. This was both. Diane Lane does an awesome job as Jennifer Marsh, an FBI agent. But I have to admit...I'd much rather see her remodeling houses in Tuscany! Untraceable is not for the faint of heart. I had to close my eyes a few times, and there was a couple scenes where everyone in the theater seemed to squirm a bit. All in all it was a good movie. Suspenceful, but like I said...a little too much gore for this lady.

I have been busy with my swift and ballwinder getting all those hanks of Auracania ready to become a top-down cardigan with a few cables thrown in for interest. I have decided to make it the way I want since every pattern I find is either the wrong gauge, or too small. Since when is a finished bust measurement of 42 considered XL? Ha! That sure wound't fit around my ladies! Yup, I'll knit a top down and then I can try it on and decide just how I want the fit. I also like top down sweaters because they are knit without seams. Sometimes it seems a bit daunting to have all those stitches to work every round, but hey, you'll be Working them whether you knit it in one piece or 5. Hopefully this sweater will be more successful than the purple cardigan was. But let's not even go there.

We have a bid ready on the repair for the flooded family room. I will fax it to the insurance appraiser tomorrow and keep my fingers crossed that it is okay. I would really like to get the downstairs back in working order and the house back on the market. What a freaking hassle...

Only 5 more days until baby Logan is in the arms of his new parents, and I am officially a Gramma for the second time. Stacey and Jon (Mia too!) are getting ready to leave on Sunday. Lots of preparing, packing, and excitement. Keep them in your thoughts and prayers for the 4 days they are in Guatemala and you can follow their adventure at their blog.

I am off to bed. Since tomorrow is Wednesday...I am off work. I love Wednesdays and Thursdays...my weekend! I am tired, probably from being so tense during that dang movie. I will post tomorrow or Thursday and hopefully I will have made some progress on the cardigan. Good night!

3 comments:

Marguerite said...

Movies like that stress me out, too. I can deal with it when I'm reading and even with audio books, but not when I have to watch.

Glad you're making progress on getting the house back in shape. Hopefully it will work out well for you and be even more marketable with the fresh new basement.

Janice said...

ooh, I don't think I will see that movie. I'm not into suspense or gore. I just saw 27 dresses.. that is more my style! :-) Bummer about the flood.. hope all goes well getting things back in order and the house back on the market! I bet you cannot wait to hold your new grandbaby!! I'm praying for them all as they make the trip. I can't wait to see more pictures of little Logan!!

Anonymous said...

I can't watch scary movies. I think about them for days afterwards. Give me Project Runway any day!!! I got my ball winder and swift out this week too. I like it when the yarn looks like little cakes, all decorated with beautiful frostings. Then I play yarn shop and put them in their places. Sometimes I think I enjoy the unknit yarn as much as when its knitted up. Caroline came home with 2 skeins of Malabrigo yesterday and I think I should just wear the hanks as a collar. So pretty. Don't you just love yarn!!!!!
Woolstock