Wednesday, February 13, 2008

It's Official!


He's ours! Talk about a cutie, he's one handsome little guy. He and his new mom, my daughter, are landing right about now in Miami, returning home from Guatemala, Logan's birth place. Stacey had to go alone to pick Logan up since Mia had gotten very sick with a high temp and strep. Jon stayed home in Florida to tend to Mia, and Stacey went to Guatemala to pick up their new son Logan. She said she was having a great time, but missing her family that she left behind. Luckily, she only had to be gone for 4 days. She called me while she was there and said that Logan is a real sweetie and so good. She also said she felt a slight pang of guilt since she was having a good time and enjoying Guatemala. I'm sure she is excited to get home and see her hubby and daughter Mia. Life will be changing for them today...they are officially a family of 4! I'm so happy for them. Welcome Home Little Logan...and Welcome to the Family!

I finally got the go ahead from the insurance appraiser today to start the re-construction in the family room and bathroom. It's been over 2 1/2 weeks since the pipe broke and I was getting a little peeved that it was taking them so long to approve things. But, not to worry, he called today and said the check was mailed on Monday and we should tell our contractor to get going. Yippee! Then we can get the house back on the market and get this baby sold! Where will I move to? Maybe back to my old house, maybe a new townhouse, who knows?? I have to think of this whole situation as an adventure or else I get a bit freaked.

Have I been knitting? Do I have something new and exciting on my needles? Have I actually finished anything? The answer to all those questions is a definite...NO. I have started an adorable dishcloth to give to my mom for Valentine's Day. Yes, she loves hand knit dishcloths. I'll also give her some flowers and candy. She's a sweet ole dame, and since I'm sure my brothers won't even acknowledge her on Valentine's Day...it's up to me! the pattern can be found here. And be sure to check out the cloths this young gal has designed. Awesome. Be sure to scroll down, she has a very cute Santa cloth and a cottage cloth also. So, that is all I've been knitting. I am a knitting slacker. I cannot seem to get going on anything BIG. I guess I am destined to knit socks, cloths, and mittens forever. Maybe I should stay away from this freaking computer for awhile and I'd actually get something done...like housework, laundry, cooking, and knitting! :o) And if reading knitting blogs all day isn't bad enough...that darn Ravelry is sucking my time also.

LET'S HAVE A CONTEST!!
I am coming up on my one year blog anniversary. Wow, doesn't seem that long. I think I will try and generate some comments by having a....CONTEST! Yes, the slacker knitter is having an anniversary contest! Leave a comment between today and my blogs one year anniversary, February 22nd, and I will draw a name on my anniversary and the winner will get some knitterly stuff. That gives you 10 days to leave a comment. Of course you can comment every day, but your name will only go in the hat once...that's only fair. Tell your friends, alert the press, spread the news through blogdom, and be sure to comment!

10 comments:

MLO said...

Congratulations! I'm so thrilled that your son and daughter were able to get their son before the Guatamelan issues came to a head!

Deb said...

Oh he is so cute!! Shelley H says "hi!"

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new grandson.

Glad you are getting your house back in order. It is so difficult to have your home out of order.

Thanks for a fun contest.

Lynn

Anonymous said...

I love a good contest although I don't know why. I never, ever win. Woolstock

ikkinlala said...

He's so cute! Congratulations to your family!

Janice said...

Logan is so adorable!! I'm sure they are so ready to be together as a family for good! Congratulations on your Blogiversary!!!

Unknown said...

Very handsome little man. Your family is truly blessed.

Susanne said...

Wow that whole insurance/reconstruction thing must be a pain. HOpe it all goes well and you are able to get reliable workers that get it completed in no time! That way at least you can make a decision about what to do next. Your newest family addition is a sweetie and what a wonderful gift for your expanding family!

Marguerite said...

Congratulations on your new family member, your upcoming remodeling, and your Blogiverssary. Lots of good things happening for you.

And who knows, eventually it may even be spring.

PurlingPirate said...

I was sure I had commented. I felt like I had but I don't see one there. My poor brain is getting mushier all the time!

Congratulations on the special addition (hee, I typed edition first!) to your family! He's a cutie!