Thursday, February 21, 2008

Contest Ends Tomorrow!



That's right folks...the contest will end tomorrow, February 22nd, this blogs one year anniversary. So far I only have 9 names to put in the drawing and that disappoints me! I was hoping for a lot more. Like I've said in earlier posts, I'm not sure I will keep blogging since I have such a small amount of readers. It's fun, but it's also time consuming, and I always think there are more important things I could be doing with my time. I have enjoyed blogging this last year, but let's get real...if no one's reading it, what's the incentive to continue?

Stacey and Baby Logan made it home just fine. They are settling in and getting to know him. He is a very good little guy, sweet personality. Stacey said he wakes up with a smile and rarely cries. Mia has been really good with him. She's gentle and kind, but there are times she chooses to ignore him rather than play with him. I guess that's the prerogative of a big sister. I am thinking of flying down to visit them sometime in March. They will be coming to Minnesota for Stacey's 20 year class reunion this June, but I can't wait that long to meet my new grandson and see my little Miss Mia.

I have been lurking around Ravelry but find it to be a bigger time sucker than blogging. Plus, it's pretty much just for reading and looking. Not much interaction unless you use the forums which are very clogged and hard to navigate. Ravelry is fun, I admit it, but it's not what I thought it was going to be. I thought there would be more interaction between members. Oh well, it's probably better that I find it boring or I'd be sitting at the computer even longer than usual! I did find a very pretty sock pattern here. It's on the right sidebar and called "Dream Twister". It's not for the faint of heart, but it sure is beautiful. I think I may cast it on in my coveted Koigu...that yarn deserves an elegant pattern like Dream Twister! I also found this beautiful cardigan pattern I love (pictured above)! Big problem...it's written in Russian! Anyone out there know how to translate into Russian? I didn't think so.

Hubby and I are finally going to see "Jumper" this afternoon. He got called into work last week so we never got to go. We will have a quick dinner after and then home to watch the vote-off on American Idol, and then Lost. A.I. is pretty good this year, I think the men are actually better than the women. It will be interesting to see who makes it and who gets the boot!

I need comments! Lots of comments! I want to draw my blogiversary winner from a bunch of names! I will draw tomorrow afternoon and put the winning name on this blog! Good Luck!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I enjoy reading your blog, but I agree. It does take a lot of time. I have neglected my blog for quite a while now, myself. There always seems to be something else to do!!! Your new grandson is adorable. Your family is very lucky to have two very special little ones.

ikkinlala said...

I like reading your blog, but I do understand the time issue - that's one of the reasons I don't have one of my own.

I find Ravelry really useful when I'm looking for a pattern or wanting to see how a certain pattern would look with various yarns. I agree that the forums are clogged, though!

Nan said...

Hey, I know I have only commented a handful of times, but I check in a couple times a month.

Blogging can be time consuming, but rewarding too, I have met so many wonderful women who blog and read me and I read them. It's fun to see what others are up to and post your comments to them, and it gets easier to do and more rewarding and fun when they read and comment back.

I don't have many readers or commenter's anyway, either and it does feel like why am I doing this and then I realize, it's not for them, it's for me! I enjoy posting my projects and pictures and stories, and if someone happens upon it, great, if they don't I still find it relaxing and enjoyable to do and be able to go back and see what I have done.