Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Lot's Happening!


Yes, I am still alive and well, just a bit stressed out! My estranged husband, Steve, and I have decided to give it another try! We have put both our houses up for sale and are just waiting for one of them to sell. We will live in whichever one doesn't sell until we decide where we want to move. I would prefer to stay in either of the houses but Steve thinks it would be nice to start fresh in a different house. The house he lives in is the one we raised our family in, so I have a lot of attachment issues with that house. Mine is newer and more modern, a 4 level split. The old family house is a little Queen Anne victorian, photo above is a bit blurry. I like them both so I guess it doesn't matter where we end up. I feel like my family is whole again and we belong together. He's been my sweetheart since I was 18. I am happy.

I haven't been knitting much since all I do is clean this dang house! Have to have it ready to show at any moment. What a pain in the behind. I did find this pattern that I would like to try. You will need to click on the far right pair of socks to get the free pattern. It is for socks knit from the toe up that have a funky sort of gusset. They are very cute and look like an interesting project. Anyone out there knit these yet? I have some pretty pastel yarn that would be perfect for these. Just what I need, another sock project to go unfinished for decades!

Well, I just needed to check in quickly to let the 3 people who read this blog that I am still among the living. I do need to go mop floors now and then rip out the carpet in my family room since it is being re-carpeted this Friday. Work, work, work....sucks!

6 comments:

Deb said...

Well good for you guys! I hope it all works out and you can be happy once again!

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful house. I wish you all the best.
-punkin

marit said...

Wishing you all the best:-)
Nice to have you back too.

Janice said...

So happy for you! Lot's of exciting things happening! Hope your house sells quickly, so you can get back to knitting :-)

Susan said...

It's nice to hear that people do get back together. Always seems to be the other way around. Best of luck!

Anonymous said...

I can help you decide which house to sell. Which house has a better knitting vibe? Do you have a favorite knitting spot in either house? Everyone needs a special knitting chair with just the right light, the right place to put the coffee mug and the right containers to put projects in. And I would keep the house that had the most hiding places for your yarn stash.