Tuesday, November 20, 2007

One Down, One To Go!

I have finished one of Mariah's mittens! This is a cute pattern but written only up to an adult size small. I don't quite get that?? Why not a medium and large size also? Anyway, it was a quick and fun knit and I've already started the second one so they will be ready for Christmas giving. Now I need to get the last 2 inches of my moms sock knit. I am giving her one of my many socks that have languished for years with a half-finished mate. I have been working on finishing the mate for a complete pair. My mom loves hand knit socks! She has to wear special shoes for a foot problem and the hand knit socks are so much more comfortable. If I'm really ambitious I may try and finish another pair for my elderly aunt.

We have had an offer on our little Victorian house. I have such mixed feelings about that. I raised my 4 kids there and lived there for more than half my life. The people haven't made an "official" offer yet but our realtor seems to think that they will. Life can be complicated some times.

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving! One of my favorite holidays surpassed only by Christmas. We will be celebrating at my nephews. I have to bring candied yams and have been searching the internet for a recipe. Some are very basic and some are what I would call "gourmet". I love the recipe site Recipezaar. It is one of the best recipe and food sites I have found. Check it out...you can find a recipe for about anything you want. I like that they give the nutritional info for all their recipes since I am diabetic. There is also a newsletter you can request and some fun communities to join. Bon Appetit!

Baby it's cold outside! It is starting to feel like winter here in Minnesota. Still no snow but the temps are getting into the brrrr range. I don't mind the cold but I wish we could have a little more sunshine. It's been dreary and dark since the beginning of October. I need a little sun to take the blues away.

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving full of family, food, and fun! Count your blessings and all the things you are thankful for.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those mittens are cute. They should be called, "I love you" mittens. Do you ever see those mitten clips for sale? The ones I used to use when I was a kid. They were on our coats so we wouldn't misplace our only pair of hand knit mittens. I think I would order them again considerning how many pairs of mittens have disappeared around here.