Thursday, July 26, 2007

Introducing...Logan Michael!


I am a Gramma again! Above is a picture of my new grandson Logan. He is in Guatemala and probably won't be coming home until the beginning of 2008. My daughter Stacey, and her husband Jon are thrilled. They made the decision yesterday to adopt him and now starts all the paper work, although, they are not foreseeing any problems. Their agency said they can go to Guatemala and visit him as soon as his DNA tests come back. The US requires DNA tests to prove that the woman relinquishing her parental rights is the actual birth mother. The tests take about 1 month. He was born on June 27th and was a whopping 6 lb. 12 oz. Is he adorable, or what?! Jon, Stacey, and Mia will be flying down to see him soon. They will be able to have him with them the whole time they are in Guatemala. I am so thrilled for all of us! Adoption is such a wonderful way to have a family. They have been so blessed to have Mia and now they will add a son to their family! Time to start knitting some blue booties, and maybe a blanket!

I have a finished project! Yee-Haw...they are even done in time for the gift giving on Saturday! They are the Peach Petal Socks by Jean Townsend. Very fun pattern. I will definitely knit this pattern again. The yarn I used was a yarn called Twister that I bought years ago from a vendor in Germany. I don't think it is made any more. The ball was so big that I think I have enough left to make another pair of socks! Now that's a bargain since that ball of yarn was only $8.00! I'll pull out my digital postal scale and weigh the socks and then the leftover and see if there's enough for a pair of adult size. I'm sure my mom will love these socks. They will be given to her on Saturday for her 81st birthday. She loves hand knit socks and truly appreciates them. It's so much fun to give a gift you've knit to someone who will enjoy it.

I cast on the purple cardigan! I knit one row! Then the phone rang and all the excitement about Logan, Stacey and I talked for over an hour and I never got back to the cardigan. I plan on working on it today after I clean a little...very little! :o) I re-read the pattern and it's so well written that it will be a pleasure to knit. I hope to have it finished by fall. I know that's a long ways off but I do work full time so my knitting hours are squeezed in whenever possible. I'll post a picture once I actually have a piece of knitting to show...I doubt you want to see the one row! I am off to the vet to pick up Summer's meds. Then I will stop at the new Dollar Tree that just opened a mile from my house. I need a gift bag for my mom's birthday present, the socks and a pretty blanket I bought her. After all the "chores" are done...it's knitting time!

4 comments:

Deb said...

Yea!! Congrats grandma! And good luck to the adoptive parents too!

Janice said...

Congratulations!!! Logan is absolutely adorable!! I love the socks... What a great gift for your mom! I will have to check out the pattern. Can't wait to see the cardigan :-)

N. Maria said...

Very beautiful baby!
Your socks rock, too!!!

Anonymous said...

Baby Logan is cute.
How did you mom like the socks?
Woolstock