Saturday, February 24, 2007

Rain, Sleet, Snow, and Knitting

I just drove home from work in freezing rain and sleet...good ole Minnesota winter! We have had such a mild winter this year that I really can't complain, spring is just around the corner so I have something to look forward to. I actually like winter, and snow...I'm a true-blue Minnesotan of Scandinavian descent.

Another great thing about the cold and snow is you can knit with warm fibers. It's a bit uncomfortable to have a wool sweater in your lap when it's 90 degrees out, but not in this weather! The warmer the fiber...the better! I know that I have promised to finish all my socks but that was just a promise to not start another pair. I could always cast on for that cute Lisa Lloyd cardigan I've been anxious to start. I bought a beautiful deep purple wool from KnitPicks that will be perfect for that pattern. I love Lisa Lloyd's patterns. The cardigan I'm going to knit is her Basketweave Gansey Cardigan. Check it out:
http://lloydknitting.com/index.html
I hope to have that finished (I haven't even started it yet and I'm talking about finishing it!) so I can wear it next fall. Which would mean I would probably be working on it this summer. Yuck...hot, hot, hot! Bad idea. I guess the socks have guilted me enough that they will be my summer knitting. Small, portable, fun...what more could a girl ask of her knitting?

No comments: