Thursday, February 22, 2007

I May Never Knit A NEW Pair of Socks Again!



So, a few days ago I decided that I wanted to start knitting a new pair of socks. I've had this wonderful purple and turquoise Fixation that is just screaming to be socks. I hauled the giant Rubbermaid chest from my closet and dug through the dozens of skeins of sock yarn. There they were...those two beautiful little balls of Fixation. I grabbed my Crystal Palace bamboo dpn's and was about to cast on...when it happened! The guilt!!! It washed over me like a tidal wave and I couldn't do anything to stop it. I tossed the lovely Fixation on my bed and slowly walked to my closet door. I flipped the light on and stepped in...and there they were, the cause of my extreme and painful guilt. The single socks of years past, just waiting for their mates. So solemn in their singleness, never crying out for their mate that they so long for. I couldn't stand it! I had to make things right. So it was then and there that I vowed to never knit a NEW sock until I had married off all my single socks. This may take awhile......
That is my beautiful greyhound Summer watching over the single socks so they don't run off and marry up with the wrong mate! Good Girl Summer!

1 comment:

yarnophiliac said...

lovely dog, and lovely socks. I have 3 singles to marry off for myself, and a single for my daughter as well. *sigh* too much sock yarn, too little time...