Sunday, February 25, 2007

Lots of the white stuff!


Yesterday I drove home from work in sleet and freezing rain...well, that didn't last too long. About dinner time it all turned to snow and we got blasted! Some areas of the Twin Cities got almost 20 inches. I heard that the west metro where I live (area west of Minneapolis) got about a foot. The picture shows the drift in front of my front door. It's deeper than it looks considering there are 2 steps there, even though it looks like only one. When I left for work this morning at 4:30am (yes, 4:30am!) the roads hadn't been plowed so it was like driving through 12 inches of mud! The car kept pulling and sliding but I didn't dare slow down for fear I'd get stuck. The only thing that saved me was my Mariners All-Wheel Drive...gotta love it! I arrived safely at work and when I left 8 hours later the roads were clear! Yup, clear right down to the asphalt. Bless those snowplow drivers!

Now that I'm home and pooped from a hard, and early, days work I think it's time for a little t.v. and knitting. I'll reach into my bag where all the waiting socks are and grab one. Hope your weekend was fun, relaxing, and snowless!

No comments: