Monday, October 8, 2007

Taking Some Time Off!

Yippee! I decided to use up some of my vacation time (I've got almost 5 weeks to use) and take a little Fall Break. Unfortunately, I will be staying home for my vacation and most likely spending my time cleaning and getting ready for colder weather. BUT, I do plan on one last try with the purple yarn and the "difficult" cardigan. It's not that the pattern is hard, it's just that I've had such a difficult time getting the dang thing to behave! I do have to knit a pair of mittens for a Christmas present for Tyler's girlfriend, Mariah. I thought I would start early and actually have them finished on time! I am going to knit them in pink, Mariah's favorite color. If I was really ambitious, I'd also knit a matching scarf. Miracles do happen!

My little Mia Belle turned 3 on Saturday. She is such a little spitfire! I wish I could have been there for her party, but Florida is a long way from Minnesota. The highlight of her party was a Dora the Explorer pinata. My daughter said that the party was lots of fun, but a madhouse. Kids and parents both attended and they had a pizza bar for making your own pizza. Sounds like fun! I am waiting for her to send me a few pictures of the party and then I will post them for all to see my adorable 3 year old granddaughter! There is no news on Logan other than bad news! The Guatemalan government is making foreign adoption very difficult, but hopefully, parents who have all their paperwork in by the end of 2007 will be allowed to continue their adoptions. Please say a prayer that we can bring baby Logan home to the USA and his family here who wants him so badly.

My mouse problem is declining...I think. This is gross, but...this morning I found a dead mouse in my kitchen sink! Yuck! I put out the d-Con mouse poison a few days ago so I am hoping that they get the hint and move on. The house next door is nice, maybe they could find lodging there for the winter. I really hate to kill the little buggers but enough is enough! They raid my kitchen every night and then I have to spend a lot of time with the Clorox spray cleaning the place up. I still haven't figured out how or where they are getting in, but when they leave...it will be in a body bag. Okay, more like a Ziplock bag.

Last night my estranged (I love that word!) husband Steve and I went for a drive looking at some local townhouses. It's a good thing I will be living there without him because every townhouse he liked, I hated. He likes the row style that are 3 levels, tall and skinny with about 12 units per building, and have a neighbor on each side. Think crowded! I like a twinhome that shares only 1 wall with your neighbor. He liked the big complex with hundreds of units and a swimming pool. I liked the small complex set back on a game preserve and park. No wonder we can't live together. :o) Above is a photo of the twinhome I am looking at. Pretty cute, huh? It is only 4 years old and in a nice quiet area. It is a 4 level (I know, I wanted a one level but they are way expensive!) and has a walkout in back. Below is what the living room and deck look out onto. It is a huge park with walking trails (that's what you see in the photo) ponds, marshes, and wooded acres. I like the idea of looking out onto that scene rather than another townhouse. I still have to sell my house, which is a bad thing since the market is so slow right now. I guess if it's meant to be, my house will sell and I will be able to buy this. If not, then I trust that there is something better waiting for me.
I think I will make a quick trip to the local yarn store for the pink mitten yarn. Maybe I just need a small project now to get me back into the knitting swing 'o things! Have a great day! Leave a comment...it makes my friend Janet happy!

1 comment:

PurlingPirate said...

That looks lovely! I would want to live there too!! I hope that it works out for you. Enjoy your time off!