Thursday, September 13, 2007

Nothing New Here...


I have ignored my blog for awhile and now I feel guilty! Funny how that works?! I have been very busy at work and having to stay later than usual. Hopefully work will calm down this next week, I don't handle stress at work very well and I hate that rushed feeling. Other than that, life is pretty much the same day after day. I haven't knit much, just a little on the Baby's Breath Socks. The pattern is very pretty and easy to remember, a good pattern for a first try at a sock that is other than stockinette stitch. It is a Jean Townsend pattern and she sells it at her blog. All her patterns are very nice. I'm using KnitPicks Essential sock yarn and liking it O.K. It has a tendency to "fuzz" and look fluffy. The pattern will get lost if it gets too fuzzy! I'm knitting them on 2 circulars, also from the KnitPicks Options line of needles and loving them! I keep trying to order more but they are always on back-order.

My daughter Stacey got some new updated pictures of Logan. He is a doll baby! He is 2 months in the photo and is up to 10 1/2 lbs...just a little pee-wee. My last two baby's (Tyler and Walker) both weighed over 10 lbs at birth! Yikes! They are both tall and handsome now! Walker will soon be 20 years old and I will no longer have any teenagers. My baby is growing up. Good thing I got grand-babies to fill the void!

I dragged out the old bread machine today. I haven't used it in a couple years but I decided we needed some cinnamon rolls. They are rising as I type and will most likely be consumed before the days end. Since the weather here has cooled off immensely, like highs in the 60's and lows in the 40's, I feel like cooking and baking. Not a good thing for my diabetes but I do try and control what and how much I eat. I went to the doctor yesterday for my blood work and hopefully my A1C will be at or below 7. That is the true test for diabetes and my last A1C was 7.7 Not bad, not great, just okay. I know that if I'd lose a few of these extra pounds I could probably get rid of the diabetes all together! That would be awesome.

Has anyone seen the new Cat Bordhi book "New Pathways for Sock Knitters"? It looks very interesting to say the least. I have called all the local yarn shops and no one has it in stock yet. Maybe I will try Amazon, save myself some money too. The book has gotten good reviews and sounds very different...but then isn't that what Cat Bordhi is all about. Being unique? It's a bit pricey for a sock pattern book, around $30.00.

And for all you sock addicted knitters be sure to check out Maia's blog. She is doing a mystery sock knit along and it looks to be fun! Very fancy, and she has charted it out so it's easy to read. Looks to be for the advanced knitter though, sort of a complicated pattern. She is such a wonderful knitter and her patterns are truly great...you rock Maia!

3 comments:

Deb said...

Oh Logan is way too cute! Any news on a pick up date? Good to hear from you!!

Anonymous said...

How were the cinnamon rolls? I baked enchiladas just to have an excuse to use the oven, so the house warmed up a bit. I saw kids at school with mittens on today! I am always glad when we can wear mittens again.

Logan is beautiful and when he is next to Mia I think they will be so cute together. He looks curious and smart and happy. All he needs now is a doting gramdma.
Woolstock

Janice said...

You're socks are looking great! You should try the Monkey sock pattern. I'm having fun with that! Cinnamon rolls sound yummy! Perfect in this nice cool weather.
And Logan is too adorable! I bet you can't wait to get your hands on him!! ;-)