Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Happy Birthday Baby!


Okay, so he's not really a baby, but he is my youngest, and to me, he will always be my "baby". Walker, the youngest of my 4 kids, turned 20 on Saturday, Sept. 22nd. I didn't get a chance to post on Saturday since I worked all day and we had a party for him that night. So today is the day that I will embarrass him and post a few unique facts about Walker.

1. He is called, by his 3 siblings...Baby Walker.

2. He is also called Deeds. Long story. When he was little he wanted a cat. Tyler, his brother, is deathly allergic to cats so we could never have one. For Walkers second birthday I bought him a stuffed, life-size, orange tabby cat. He loved it, actually, he still has it! He couldn't pronounce the words "kitty cat". Whenever he tried, it sounded like "deedle dee". For years he got called Deedle and then it was shortened to Deeds. His older brother still calls him that...much to Walkers chagrin.

3. Walker has a tattoo of a circle of flames with his initials in the middle spelled out in Chinese characters. He cannot pronounce them either!

4. Walker has broken each arm, the left while biking, the right while playing rugby. He also had to have surgery twice...once for each break. We sincerely hope this trend has ended.

5. There was a time when orange was the only color Walker would wear. We are sincerely glad this trend has ended! While in this orange phase, he also wanted to eat only Ramen. Thank goodness, neither one of these "trends" lasted long.

6. Walker is my only child that has curly hair...and I mean curly! His hair is thick, dark, and if allowed to grow, produces big spiral curls. Beautiful! This is why Walker always has short hair!

7. Walker is extremely patriotic. He loves America and isn't afraid to say so.

8. Walker thanks me every time I make him a meal. Really. There isn't a time that he doesn't tell me...thanks for dinner mom. Good meal mom. Thanks for the grub mom. I guess I raised him right.

9. Walker has never made a Christmas list. Unlike his brother Tyler, who usually had a 3 page list of wants, where they could be purchased, the costs, and how he wanted them wrapped! Not Walker, when asked what he wants for Christmas or his birthday, he always says...surprise me, get me whatever you want, or even...I don't need anything. Amazing, ain't it?!

10. Walker weighed over 10 lbs at birth. Actually, 10 lbs, 1 oz. He was an adorable baby that has grown into a great young man.

11. Walker says good night to me every night...even if he has to wake me to do it!

12. Walker thinks that one day, he will win the Powerball. I SINCERELY hope he's right!

Happy Birthday Deeds! You are precious and I love you always!

I have started the purple cardigan and it is awesome. I finally got it going without any screw-ups, amazing, I know! I am liking the KnitPicks Wool of the Andes Chunky and their Options needles. It is knitting up fast and I am hoping that it will be done by next winter! Yup, I can't put anymore stress on myself so I am giving myself a year to finish it. I don't think that's unreasonable considering I work full-time. I am looking forward to retirement so I can knit for long periods of time without falling asleep!

Did anyone catch the premier of "The Bachelor" last night? It looks like it is going to be a good season. I thought last year was a bit bland, but Brad, this years bachelor, looks to be a lot more exciting. Should be fun! I love the dynamics between the women...it's so dramatic that it's hilarious. They always seem to be half tanked! I think the network keeps the booze flowing freely so they can get some good footage of the women making asses of themselves. It's sort of pathetic, but I still love it!

No comments: