Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Purse Junky that Quilts...



Weird title for a post isn't it? I've been bad because once again I have been surfing eBay and putting my Visa card to the test. I'm surprised that poor little plastic card doesn't self destruct. I love purses! I am a self admitted purse junky. There's not much in life that thrills me as much as a new leather purse. And being a lover of leather...the purses I covet tend to be expensive. I recently discovered the Hayden-Harnett handbag company. Awesome purses, and WAY expensive. I could never justify spending over $500.00 on a purse. Sooooo, enter eBay! Just on a whim I did an eBay search of Hayden-Harnett. And what should I find!? But the purse I love. Could I get so lucky as to find a $425.00 purse for $135.00? YES! And did I buy it? YES! Do I feel guilty? Hell no! I look at it this way...I just saved myself $290.00!


My mom is getting a quilt for Mother's Day...2006! I told her that was her Mother's Day present LAST year. I have yet to deliver. So I have set my mind to the task of quilting for the next couple weeks. I machine quilt, hand quilting is too time consuming for me. I figure I'd rather spend my extra time knitting, which is also time consuming. My mom's quilt will be done in vintage prints to look like it's from the 30's. I have the pattern and fabric...in fact, the fabric is all cut and ready to sew. Now I just need to get my ass in gear and start assembling! The quilt pictured is for a child, I am using that pattern but have added another row to lengthen it so my mom can use it for a throw. She always seems to be cold and likes something over her legs while she watches t.v. I promise to post a picture of the finished throw...someday!

Yesterday I had my annual review at work. Yikes, I hate that! My boss is younger than me and I have worked with him for 15 years. He is a great guy that I truly like and respect. I treat him like my son and he treats me very kindly. I still get nervous when I get called to his office! Especially when he shuts the door! Not to worry...he gave me an excellent review and was very happy with my work the last year. I do like my job, most days.

I am off to the fabric store for the quilt batting and I think I will stop in at Lens Crafters and look for new glasses. I have a pair I love that are a funky blue color but they are my old Rx. Maybe I will look for some frames in purple...my favorite color! Later...

1 comment:

N. Maria said...

I think the purse is gorgeous! I love them, too.
How is the quilting coming along?